Monday, February 28, 2011

Stressing...

I really haven't gotten overwhelmed or stressed so far in vet school.  I've had some long days and nights of studying.  I've gone through a finals week and survived with plenty of sleep.  I've been tired and exhausted but have pulled it together without too many problems.

Definitely feeling significant stress for the first time right now. 

First off, we had our immunology midterm today which was incredibly frustrating - I knew our notes and information inside and out and was even helping other students with the information before the exam.  The test was incredibly NOT what we discussed in class, a bunch of random teeny facts that I don't have in writing or explanation anywhere in my notes.  I honestly could have studied way less and devoted the time to other subjects and probably done just as well.  Least my virology exam grade made up for this one.

There's a lot coming down the barrel at us before Spring Break, and it's got me very, very worried.  Hence, the stress that I'm really not very familiar with experiencing.  I honestly don't know if there's going to be TIME to do all of it!

1) Renal physiology quizzes this week and next, followed by an exam the week after.

2) Virology case presentation to put together with a group.

3) Embryology exam covering sixty pages of detailed notes.

4) Another immunology exam.

5) ANATOMY.  This is the kicker to me.  The others I think I can handle, but anatomy is next Friday and it covers the pelvic limb and pelvic cavity.  And our horse cadaver is covered in mold and is unusable so we're kind of in a bind to even see all of the species.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to be ready for this exam in time.

Oh, and the boy is here this weekend meaning I won't get nearly as much studying done as I ought to.

Grrrrrrrrr.  I don't even know where to start so I'm just throwing myself into a bit of everything to hopefully be ready in time.  MARCH 18TH, HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

/end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment